How does HSBC Debit Card work?
HSBC Debit Card allows you to:
How to use your HSBC Debit card
1. Shop in any Visa or Bancnet affiliated merchant.
2. Present your HSBC Debit card at the cashier.
3. Authorize the payment for your purchases through any of the following:
a. Signature verification (Visa electronic terminal) – you will be asked to sign on the charge slip to complete the payment.
b. PIN verification (Bancnet POS terminal) – the cashier will request you to enter your ATM PIN in the pin pad.
4. Keep the transaction receipt and the official receipt of your purchase
Tips for responsible use of your HSBC Debit Card
1. If you suspect that your card is lost or stolen, report the loss immediately by calling our hotline.
2. If you discover transactions in your account that your do not recognize, report it immediately to alert us to initiate an investigation on your dispute.
3. Do not leave your transaction receipts with the merchant. Dispose of them with care as they indicate your name and debit card number.
4. Do not disclose your PIN to anyone, much more, write it on the card. Keep it private and difficult for others to guess. Cover your hand as you input the PIN in the pin pad.
5. Be up to date with your account balance and monitor pending transactions like an incoming check or a scheduled payment to ensure that you always have enough funds to cover for all your transactions. Stay on top of your finances by managing your accounts online. For more information, visit hsbc.com.ph/personal/ebanking/features.
Member: PDIC. Maximum Deposit Insurance for Each Depositor P500,000