Table of contents
- Disclaimer and internet privacy statement
- Use of information and materials
- Copyright, Trademarks
- No warranties
- Linked websites
- Market Research
- Online advertising
- Notice to customers and others relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- Important Note
- Contact Us
Disclaimer and internet privacy statement
This section outlines our policy relating to any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit our site.
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. We have a duty to safeguard and keep confidential any information relating to our customers or their financial affairs. Whether it is provided to us in person at one of our branches, over the phone, when using an ATM or while visiting this site, we will strive at all times to ensure that the information is kept confidential and secure.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('the Bank') will not collect any personal information that identifies a visitor to this site individually unless specified otherwise. Your visit to this site will record only the domain name server part of your e-mail address and of the pages visited. Such information will be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to the site and general statistics on usage patterns.
Some of this information will be gathered through the use of 'cookies'. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Such information, for example, may be a user's password that is stored to avoid having to retype it during subsequent visits to a site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser itself.
In addition to our duty of confidentiality to customers, we shall at all times fully observe the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ('the Ordinance') of the Hong Kong SAR in collecting, maintaining and using the personal data of customers. In particular, we observe the following principles, save otherwise appropriately agreed by the customers:
- Collection of personal data from customers shall be for purposes relating to the provision of financial services or related products
- All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data are accurate and will not be kept longer than necessary or will be destroyed in accordance with the internal retention period
- Personal data will not be used for any purposes other than the data that were to be used at the time of collection or purposes directly related thereto
- Personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure
- Customers have the right of access to and for correction of their personal data held by us and that customers' request for access or correction will be dealt with in accordance with the Ordinance
A customer's personal data is classified as confidential and can only be disclosed by us where permitted by the Ordinance or otherwise legally compelled to do so.
Use of information and materials
Products and services referred to in this website are offered only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by members of the HSBC Group. The materials on these pages are not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of such materials by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and observe any relevant restrictions.
These pages should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to sell investments or make deposits in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an invitation or solicitation in such jurisdiction.
The information contained in these pages is not intended to provide professional advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. Persons accessing these pages are advised to obtain appropriate professional advice when necessary.
The Bank and other parties own the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this site and users are prohibited from using the same without written permission of the Bank or such other parties.
The materials on this site are protected by copyright and no part of such materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted (in any form or by any means), copied, distributed, used for creating derivative works or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the Bank's prior written consent.
While every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this site, such information and materials are provided to you 'as is' without warranty of any kind either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus is given in conjunction with such information and materials.
The Bank or any other HSBC Group member is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this site. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user's own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.
We may use your information to provide you with details about HSBC products and services, and also products and services from our partners and other relevant third parties. We may send you marketing messages by post, email, telephone, text, secure messages, or through social media. You can change your mind on how you receive marketing messages or choose to stop receiving them at any time. To make that change, please contact us in the usual way.
If you ask us not to send you marketing, it may take us a short period of time to update our systems and records to reflect your request, during which time you may continue to receive marketing messages. Even if you tell us not to send you marketing messages, we’ll continue to use your contact details to provide you with important information, such as changes to your terms and conditions or if we need to tell you something to comply with our regulatory obligations.
We may use your information for market research and to identify trends. Market research agencies acting on our behalf may get in touch with you by post, telephone, email or other methods of communication to invite you to take part in research. We won’t invite you to take part in research using a communication method if you’ve asked us not to get in touch that way. Any responses that you provide whilst participating in market research will be reported back to us anonymously unless you give us permission for your details to be shared.
When we advertise our products and services on the internet, we may share your information with our advertising partners. For example, when we use social media for marketing purposes, your information may be shared with the social media platforms so that they can check if you hold an account with them. If you do, we may ask the social media partner or social media network:
- to use your information to send our adverts to you, e.g. because we think that you might be interested in a new service that we offer;
- to exclude you from receiving our adverts, e.g. because the advert is for a service that you already use;
- to advertise to people who have similar profile to you, e.g. if we discover that one of our services is particularly useful to people with similar interests to the ones on your social media profile, we may ask our advertising partner or the social media network to send our adverts for that service to people who share your interests.
You can contact us to object to us sharing your personal data for online advertising. Social media platforms also allow you to indicate your preferences to them about the advertising you receive on their platforms. Please contact your social media platforms for more information.
E-mail messages sent to the Bank over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. The Bank will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to the Bank, or if the Bank sends a message to them at their request, over the internet. The Bank is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this website.
Notice to customers and others relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
a. From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply the Bank with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of banking facilities or provision of banking services.
b. Failure to supply such data may result in the Bank being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue banking facilities or provide banking services.
c. It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the banking relationship, for example, when customers write cheques or deposit money.
d. The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows.
- The daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- Conducting credit checks;
- Assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
- Ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- Designing financial services or related products for customers' use;
- Marketing financial services or related products;
- Determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
- Collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers' obligations;
- Meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Bank or any of its branches;
- Enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Bank, or participant or sub-participant of the Bank's rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation; and
- Purposes relating thereto.
e. Data held by the Bank relating to a customer will be kept confidential but the Bank may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph d:
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to the Bank in connection with the operation of its business;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Bank including a group company of the Bank which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- The drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee) to the drawer;
- Credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies;
- Any person to whom the bank is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Bank or any of its branches; and
- Any actual or proposed assignee of the Bank or participant or sub-participant or transferee of the Bank's rights in respect of the customer.
f. Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data approved and issued under the Ordinance any individual has the right
- To check whether the Bank holds data about him and of access to such data;
- To require the Bank to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
- To ascertain the Bank's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Bank;
- In relation to consumer credit, to request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency.
g. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Bank has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
h. Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
With respect to holdings in securities, the same have been delivered to the accredited Custodian, Registry, or Depository pursuant to BSP regulations on the delivery of securities.
Requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held should be addressed to:
Contact Centre Management
7/F HSBC Centre, 3058 Fifth Avenue West
Bonifacio Global City
Phone: (02) 85-800
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above.
For inquiries or complaints, please call HSBC's Customer Services at +63(2) 85-800 from Metro Manila,
+1-800-1-888-8555 PLDT domestic toll-free, +63(2) 976-8000 from overseas, (country code) + 800-100-85-800 international toll-free for selected countries, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to find out more about HSBC's customer feedback procedures, please visit hsbc.com.ph/feedback.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited is an entity regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Bangko Sentral). You may also contact the Bangko Sentral Financial Consumer Protection Department at
(02) 708-7087 or email@example.com.
Note: Do not provide your account or credit card numbers or disclose any other confidential information or banking instructions through email.