Keeping your personal and account details safe
Security is a top priority for us. We all play an important role in safeguarding against fraud. Follow these tips on how you can protect your personal data and account details.
How do you protect your personal data?
- Do not disclose personal information such as address, mother's maiden name, telephone number, social security number, bank account number or e-mail address — unless the one collecting the information is reliable and trustworthy.
- Create a separate personal email address from your banking email address.
- Do not click links from random text messages and e-mails.
- Destroy delivery labels that have your name, address and number.
- Do not share or let anyone else know your username or password.
For more information on how we collect, store, use and share your personal data, go to Privacy and Security
- Transact only with established and trusted merchants.
- Take time to read the privacy notices and T&Cs, especially for sellers who will save your personal and credit card information, to keep your data safe. Check the security provided for the information divulged and determine how the information will be used or shared with others.
- Read and understand website disclosures specifically on refund, shipping, account debit/credit policies and other terms and conditions.
- Some websites' disclosures are easier to find than others — look at the bottom of the home page, on order forms or in the "About" or "FAQs" section of a site. If you're not comfortable with the policy, consider doing business elsewhere.