Get some peace of mind when you're shopping online
With HSBC Secure Pay, you'll get an extra level of protection for your online purchases.
- Added layer of security for your online purchases with password protection and personal message features powered by Verified by Visa and Mastercard® SecureCode™
- Honored at major websites that accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards
- Available at no additional cost
- Easy-to-use services with no software downloading required
- Quick, one-time registration via HSBC online banking
What makes it secure?
To protect your transaction, HSBC will ask you to create a password. It's similar to your ATM PIN (Personal Identification Number) and it will help ensure that you are the only one registered to use your credit card online.
A personal message will add a layer of protection on top of your confidential password. This personal message is designed to confirm that your transaction is authenticated by HSBC and prove that you are the authorized HSBC Credit Cardholder.
To register to Secure Pay, you will need:
- A registered HSBC Credit Card account in online banking
- The last 3 digits of your mobile phone number registered with HSBC or your Secure Key
Step 1: Log on to HSBC online banking.
Step 2: Once logged on, select Products & services from the menu at the top of the page. Under Credit Cards, select either Enroll in Verified by Visa or Enroll in Mastercard SecureCode. A registration page will open in a new window.
Step 3: Follow the straightforward instructions in the registration page.
Making secure online purchases
Shopping online is fast growing to be part of our everyday lives. We can virtually do almost anything - buy your favorite things, book tickets, and many more! It's easy and convenient especially with your HSBC Credit Card.
Just a friendly reminder when making online purchases using your HSBC Credit Card.
Check that all of the following information are entered correctly on the payment page:
- Card number
- Expiry date
- Name as shown on card
- 3-digit code at the back of your card (CVC/CSC/CVN/CVV): In order to process a secure online payment, you may be required to input a credit card verification number for your online purchases.