What is HSBC Secure Pay?
HSBC Secure Pay is a secure online shopping service powered by MasterCard® SecureCode™ that provides you with a personal password for your HSBC Credit Cards, giving you added assurance that only you can use your HSBC Credit Card to make purchases over the internet.
How does HSBC Secure Pay work?
- For registered Secure Pay users, you can shop online at participating merchants and pay with your HSBC Credit Card, which you have registered for HSBC Secure Pay*
- Verify that the authentication screen is genuine by checking that the personal message is the one you created at the time of registration.
- Enter your password to authenticate the transaction and complete your online purchase.
- Due to a system update in Secure Pay function, no new registration will be processed for Secure Pay.
* If you have not registered for HSBC Secure Pay services, we can exceptionally process your payment if you successfully pass our conditional authentication by providing your personal information.
Registering to HSBC Secure Pay
Using HSBC Secure Pay What are the browser requirements for using this service?
You need to install Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or above, Netscape Netvigator 4.0 or above.
What is a Personal Assurance Message (PAM) / Personal Greeting?
When you registered for HSBC Secure Pay via Mastercard® SecureCode™, you were asked to create a Personal Assurance Message (PAM) or Personal Greeting respectively. When you pay online, always look for your personal message to ensure that you're using the genuine HSBC's MasterCard SecureCode
Can I still shop online if I have not registered for this service?
You will be able to shop online using your HSBC Card even if you have not registered for HSBC Mastercard® SecureCode™ services. However we will only process your payment if you successfully pass our conditional authentication by providing your correct personal details when prompted. Click here for more details on making online purchases.
I have not registered for this service, and I receive an error message every time I attempt an online purchase. What should I do?
Where can I shop with HSBC's secure online shopping service?
You can shop online at any store that displays the MasterCard® SecureCode™ symbol.
How will the online store know that I am a registered user of this service?
Participating online stores will recognize your Mastercard® number if you have registered it for HSBC Secure Pay.